Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
bbb1sttimer
My Device: Not Specified

Unknown Icon on bb bold

hi - have a new icon that's appeared on the top my home screen just beside my email/message notifier. Small yellow globe, but cannot access it or find anything that's been downloaded. Stumped!

Help, anyone, please? 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,881
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Unknown Icon on bb bold

See the last icon in this list.

Open your mail messages folder > Menu key > View Folders > Wap or Browser push messages.

Find the message and read, or delete it.

bb_icons.jpg

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stephl
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

I was getting the same icon and it was bothering me. I finally found the message under "Messages" and by reading it the globe icon went away.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
apel

I have a similar issue but mine happened after the last bbm update and what is happening is that the bbm notifier is constantly on my homescreen even though i don't have a message, there are also no contacts with updates and there are no other messages as I have deleted them all.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

apel wrote:

I have a similar issue but mine happened after the last bbm update and what is happening is that the bbm notifier is constantly on my homescreen even though i don't have a message, there are also no contacts with updates and there are no other messages as I have deleted them all.

With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

If the notification icon remains, check ALL of your BlackBerry Messenger group chats, pictures, lists, etc., with out BlackBerry Messenger.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Visitor
khelink282
My Device: bold 9000

on my bold appear EN on right top corner, icant see with most common indicator in forum,

plz help me out this problems.....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mooncat
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Unknown Icon on bb bold...what is the normal thing to happen?

my brother sent me his Bold 9000 from the U.S. but he thought it would be useless to send me his charger because the plug system is different. I have been trying to charge it with a USB cable connected to the laptop. When I connect it, there is a red light on top of the screen, while the screen stays off. Nothing else happens. I am afraid it's not charging. I also tried charging it with my old RAZR charger because it fits (I KNOW it's not the right thing to do, I'll buy the right charger next time I go to town, I live in a farm in South Africa), but then the following happens: the red light switches on for like a minute or two, then it switches itself off and the the screen lights up a little and an icon of a battery with a lightning bolt in the middle appears. Nothing moves, nothing else happens. Is this like an error or warning or is it the normal icon while charging a blackberry when it's off?
thanks
Please use plain text.
Contributor
crossbar

I had this globe icon appear after I downloaded Google Maps on to the Blackberry, if you check 'messages' (the envelope icon) there should be an unopened message for you. The globe disappears once you've opened the new message.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
workerbee
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

I have the icon on the top of my screen that indicates I have a new Blackberry Messenger Message..

However, I can't find any way to access the message. I am pretty sure it is a advertisement, but I would like to get the icon to go away if possible.

Anyone know how to access the Blackberry Messenger?

OK, I found BB Messenger.. It is some offer for software that I don't want. It has a "accept" or "don't accept" option.. I keep hitting the "don't accept" choice. The blue balloon icon at the top of the screen still won't go away.  

Thanks

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Workerbee, Greetings, and welcome to the BlackBerry.com Support Forums.

On your BlackBerry (you failed to say what model) press the Menu key > Switch Applications.

See the icon for BlackBerry Messenger and open it.

In the future, please learn to create your own thread when you have your own personal issue to discuss... even if your issue might be "similar" the originally posted. yours is not the same, and posting in a existing thread like this just clutters the original posters thread.
The "New Message" link is at the top left of each forum section page.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.