Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
ankush8
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Unknown Icon on bb bold

Hi

The reason why your are getting that orange icon is may be because that is a hotmail account. Like in yahoo it shows a y sign on the envelope.

Regards

Ankush

Contributor
NinoKruh
My Device: Bold 9700

To the dudes who have a box on the upper-right corner with EN or NO or ES, etc.

that means you have more than one language installed into your device. This is a great feature but it takes up some space, so you might want to uninstall the ones you don't need with the DM.

If you still use several languages but want the box to go away, go into Options->Language and Text input->scroll down to Language ID and select Hide, and save your changes.

Contributor
bestpi
My Device: bold 9000

Re: Unknown Icon on bb bold...what is the normal thing to happen?

Download the BB desktop manager. It has the drivers for your BB. You should then be able to charge it with the USB. The flashing red light means that you have a stored message. It has nothing to do with a charging indication. Look at the battery on your screen. When it is charging you should see a lightning bolt over the battery icon.

New Contributor
meggrove05
My Device: Not Specified

I had a yellow globe and found a message in one of my email inboxes, so just look around in your meessage boxes, its a message of some sort
New Developer
sandro21
My Device: blackberry bold 9700

I think that is a browser Push Message. I used to get those when I would get a message about the weather (I had set up a push service to push me a message about weather updates).

Method to Extend My BB Battery Life to share with you all!

http://www.solarchargerpro.com/category/news

New Contributor
fuentes
My Device: bold 9700

did you happen to figure out how to fix this ? I am having this problem too .

New Contributor
fuentes

on your picture it shows all of the bb notifications , mine do as well except for the numbers on the side how do i fix this ..

New Contributor
fuentes

Re: Unknown Icon on bb bold...what is the normal thing to happen?

I am having the same problem with the alarm icon, it appeared randomly.. & i've tried EVERYTHING to get ride of it ..There must be some way to turn it off .. If you know how please help me.

sbetting
My Device: Blackberry Bold

have this same thing but it is a little yellow smiley face.  I have checked all the message thingys that I know of and I can't get it to go away.  It just appeared a week or so ago.  help!

New Contributor
gdumstorff
My Device: Bold

Have you downloaded any aps?  For me, the smiley face came from the game "hangman" downloaded through BB app store.  I hope that helps.