Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
blogberryhk
My Device: Bold 9900
Accepted Solution

Unknown reason! BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World Server...

[ Edited ]

My friend got the BlackBerry Bold 9900 back in Sept 2011, suddenly it was not able to connect to:
App World, FB, Whatsapp
however she is still able to use the BBM and browse website using browser.

BIS is connected, BB logo shown next the 3G sign

Error message from App World is:
BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World Server. Verify your network connections and try again.

Error message from Whatsapp is:
Unexpected error! java.io.Interrupted IOExpectation:
Local connection timed out after ~ 3000

This message comes with 3 different error ID at different times:

• Error Id 40831
  • Error Id 40760
  • Error Id 40850
  • Error Id 40820

We have tried the following:

• Battery pull
  • Resending Service Books
  • Register at "Host Routing Table" under Advanced system settings
  • Enable and Disable APN settings
  • Delete and re install app world
  • Install App world Beta
  • Tried 3 different carriers sim with BIS
    PCCW
    Smartone
  • Wipe and install different version of the OS
    OS 7.0.0.261
    OS 7.0.0.474
    OS 7.0.0.540
  • Tried login with different BBID
  • Tried register a new BBID account

Really appreciate if someone who could provide a solution with this issue, thanks!
    May be I am missing any possible solutions to fix this.
Please use plain text.
kbraxmaier
My Device: Curve 3G 9330

Re: Unknown reason! BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World Server...

I was recently having a similar issue with my BB Curve. I was only getting the message Error Id 40831. I couldn't even access App World without getting the message. Using the browser on my phone, I downloaded and replaced my current version with the excct same one and it worked. I didn't delete or unistall the old one ahead of time. Good luck! 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Unknown reason! BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World Server...

For some reason, installing the exact same OS you currently are running often will correct the problem, similar to kbraxmaier reinstalling the same version of App World.  If you've deleted and reinstalled App World to no avail, try reloading your OS again. 

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fyrftd
My Device: Torch 9850

several at http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB28188 - but none work for me (running OS 7.1 now!). 

What does work for me is - turn off cellular and on WiFi - connect to an access point and no error. Don't forget to switch off wifi and on cellular when done!

Please use plain text.
angelia2262008
My Device: blackberry 9700 & bb play book

I have the same problem  as error ,Id 40760, the app is not working, even I try to login into... it always shows === cannot get new token dure to device offline states, error id, 40760)

Please use plain text.
noilim
My Device: blackberry 8520

I too have the same problem 40760, the app is not working, even I try to login into.always shows. cannot get new token dure to device offline states, error id, 40760)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
fyrftd
My Device: Torch 9850

as I have posted earlier, and I don't see it listed in your attempted fixes:

1. disconnect from / disable Cellular (3G/4G/etc)

2. connect to a WiFi access point.

3. try again

If this isn't working then, good luck finding a fix!

P.S. don't forget to re-enable cellular and disable WiFi when done...

Please use plain text.
angelia2262008
My Device: blackberry 9700 & bb play book

Acturally it is not working ...  I got my first Blackberry 9700, and then I lost it ,I dont know why it is disappreared when I get back home from supermarket just 200 meters far away, and then I get a new 9700,,, unfortunely, it was just surive for 6 months, and it is dead.... crazy me .... how could be this happen ..**bleep** .... then I get this one  9810,,, it was ok, so far ,just have to charge the batteray again and again... it is not working well, one day ---finish all battery.  even I got this problem for connecting ,I am not taking risk to renew or do somthing ,I am afraid it is too weak to being tortured again ,then not working ..oh..................... hope good luck with this one..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sunnyphoto
My Device: 8520 curve

my aaps is not working & id eroores 40760 .
my phone number 8520curve.
please remind that ...................
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sunnyphoto
My Device: 8520 curve

please run my appps ......

Please use plain text.