Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
blue_k
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile USA

Unlocked Bold 9900 question.

Hello,

I am looking into purchasing a factory OEM unlocked, no carrier branded Bold 9900. I need to know if it will work with T-Mobile's 4G HSPA+ bands. I believe they use the 1700MHz band for this, until they roll out their new 1900MHz band.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Unlocked Bold 9900 question.

Hello,

3 seconds on Google produced this:

You must compare the specs for the device against the carrier network you intend to operate the device on. However, beware...if the carrier network you desire to use does not natively support the specific model of BB that you intend to use, then you may run into great challenges. Typically, the carrier networks only deliver the proper Service Books to those specific device models that their network natively supports. So, if your's is not supported by that carrier, then getting it to work on their network can be quite challenging indeed, even if the radio frequencies/technologies should match.

Further, you must ask them if they will even allow such a device on their network...they own their network, and have every right to deny access to any device that they so choose.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
blue_k
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile USA

Re: Unlocked Bold 9900 question.

I am aware of the different bands, and the 1700MHz model would be supported. T-Mobile USA does sell the Bold 9900 themself, so they do support them. T-Mobile also does allow BYOD. My question is though does the factory unlocked OEM Bold 9900's, the ones that just come in a black box that says BlackBerry, do they have the 1700MHz radio or not? Does RIM even sell the 9900's with the 1700MHz radio like this?

Please use plain text.