Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
Loocie
My Device: 8800

Unread Message Icon - I can't take it anymore!

I have checked forums, knowledge bases, and anywhere else I could find.  I've tried everything suggested.  Now I'm ready to take a sledgehammer to my Bold.  

The stupid "unread messages" icon doesn't clear so I do the battery pull thing - it's the only thing that will erase the icon.  

I hate pulling the battery - sometimes 5 times a day is necessary - because the phone takes so long to restart.  

I've had enough of this!!  What's the deal with this anyway??  Can't someone fix this issue?  I'm assuming you've noticed I'm not the only one with the problem (though I do admit it probably bothers me more than some - but not more than all . . . .)

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
kratrz
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Unread Message Icon - I can't take it anymore!

you probably have a message you didn't read somewhere, stating the obvious because you haven't provided much other information.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
covlocks
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Orange

No - its a software bug. I have to pull my battery also to erase the icon. If it were an unread message then the Icon would not go away after the battery pull.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Loocie

[ Edited ]

Kratrz, I appreciate your input, but there is no unread message on my phone - anywhere.  

Rather than list every possible solution I've tried, I thought it would be best to simply state, "I have checked forums, knowledge bases, and anywhere else I could find.  I've tried everything suggested."

I give up.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Loocie

[ Edited ]

Covlocks, I'd have to agree.  What else could it be??  It's darn irritating, I'll tell you that much.  

Please use plain text.