Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

fbuonomo
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Unread message indicator does not clear

[ Edited ]

The unread message indicator for a mailbox does not always clear after reading all new messages in the inbox. I have multiple inboxes, sometime after reading or opening all messages; or "mark all messages open" the red asterisk is still displayed with the the mailbox icon. The unread message count is 0, i.e.. Not displayed. The only way I can clear the red asterisk is to change inbox settings and save. I usually de-select and re-select an option so i get he save changes dialog. This does not always happen but happens enough to be aggravating since i have 5 mailboxes and use the indicator to determine which one i need to open for new messages. I recently upgrades from a 9650 which did NOT have this behavior.

I checked the forums and did not see any similar issues, though there are for the flashing red led indicator. I tried the proposed solution for that issues which did not solve the problem. It also was not much a solution, it was more a work around.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Unread message indicator does nto clear

I have seen this happen on my 9810 lately, as well. It doesn't occur all the time but has been happening since I updated the OS to 7.1.0.569.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jsifuentes
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9900
My Carrier: T Mobile

Re: Unread message indicator does nto clear

I've had the same issue also after upgrading to 7.1, hope they fix this soon.

Please use plain text.