Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
luksimir
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Mobitel

Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000079] on Bold 8700

Hello everyone.

For the last two weeks, i have been searching allover the internet for solutions for the error in the post subject. I have tried every method using desktop manager, Loader and all sorts of tweaks that Google served to me. Since none of them worked and google finds no results for error described in subject, i am writing here.

I was given the 9700 as a present and one day the desktop software reminded me, that there is an update available. When i tried to update it i got the error in subject. I was suggested, that if i wiped the device and then tried to perform an OS installation it might help, since it is a more hard core procedure. Well... It didn't...

Currently the device in question displays an error 507. When i try to load the OS, the first thing that bothers me is, that there is PIN displayed in AppLoader instead of PIN:Unknown. When i follow the procedure it goes without a glitch untill it starts to connect to Boot Rom. After that i get errors that can be seen in pictures:

BB1.png

After that i get the following error:

BB2.png

I have tride everything that the second window suggests, i even went so far, that i did complete reinstall of windows on one of my computers. I have to mention, that i don't have any problems whatosoever with other devices (i have another 9780 and so does my girlfriend (8520), which can be updated without glitches).

This is the window, that is displayed at the end. It contains an error, which description cannot be found anywhere:

BB3.png

I get the same error when i try to performa an OS install via BB desktop software or AppLoader.

My thoughts are, that there is a possibility that all of this might be because of hardware failure and the device itself is fried, but still i have some hope left.

Please advise... Is there something to be done?

Best regards,

Luka

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
RandomV
My Device: BlackBerry 9810, 9860, 9900, 9800, 9780 and 4xBB other models
My Carrier: BESx2/BISx3

Re: Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000079] on Bold 8700

[ Edited ]

1. BBSAK (if needed) - BBSAK web page

2. Desktop manager - from here Desktop Manager (choose 5 or 6 version)

3. Operating system (firmware) - for official OS

Download all what you need and install it

Disconnect from internet your PC!!!

On PC, navigate to
•64-bit: C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file there in called Vendor.
•32-bit: C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file there in called Vendor.

Before start update - switch off your internet

1.Download and install BBSAK
2.Connect your device to PC (do not run BM)
3.in BBSAK program click on "Factory Reset" and "Wipe device" it will be fully wiped, device will be restarted and there are will be white screen with "Error 507"
4.click on BBSAK program "Load OS" and choose OS which you download and install to your PC (also delete vendor file )

click OK and wait, it maybe up to 45-60 min.

Other way

run command prompt - Start->Run and type cmd and click to Enter button

in command prompt (black windows will be opened) type

cd "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader" exactly as I write and click Enter

the current folder in command prompt will be shown

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader>

connect your device to PC - it must start charging

type here loader /NOJVM

will be open windows - click Next, will be shown Connection and here writed your device PIN (automatically!!! Not by you, Aslo can be shown PIN:Unknown, just click next)

so follow instruction and click everywhere  NEXT - must be successfully done 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Be sure to click Likes! for those who have helped you.

If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
luksimir

Hello.

Thanks for quick reply.

I have tried the loader/nojvm, but result is still the same. The only difference is that i get an error, that can be observed in attached image.

BB4.png

On this instance i have tried the procedure on W7 64, but it has been performed on just about every other version of this OS.

When i try with BBSAK, I get the same error as if i tried with AppLoader. As i can see, BBSAK in reality only does the same thing as i would have done manually.

Luka

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
RandomV

I am sorry, but i do not see pictures.

Can you write which and where you got an error

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
luksimir

Hi.

the most frequent error that i get, by using Desktop manager or AppLoader is in the subject: Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000079]

It is displayed right after the appliaction connects to boot rom. I get this error even if i try updating with BBSAK.

If i try loading the OS using your second method (loader /nojvm) i just get an error, that the appliaction was unable to connect to the device. This error is displayed right after the apploader tries to start loading the OS. Before that the procedure goes as it should.

Luka

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
RandomV

So most probably that problem come from OS version in PC as you havn't access to USB, because mentioned error in Microsoft site writed as The semaphore time-out period has expired. it's mean that Windows cannot connect to device as not permit access to IRQ.

so may be reasonable in this case try to reload on WindowsXP 32-bit version.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
luksimir

This is interesting. I have been experimenting on my home computer, where i could update my own 9780 and girlfriends 8520 without problems. The only device that causes problems is this 9700. I have tried all of the applicable procedures on XP32bit, Vista (32&64) and 7 (32&64). Vista 31 and 7 64 were even freshly installed. They were of course different computers ranging from laptops to workstations, connected or disconnected from internet.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
RandomV

Ok,

Lets start from begining.

Will be better do this on 32-bit system. if Windows7 please run all as Administrator and disable UAC service on it,

1. You allready download and install DM, OS, BBSAK

2. you delete Vendor... file

Disconnect PC from Internet

Do not run DM if presist in Task Bar - Exit it

fine

3. remove battery from device

4. connect to USB

5. Go to Apploader folder

6. Run loader.exe

7. follow instruction (in some step loading can freezz, 1. disconnect device 2. place batterry to device, 3. connect device to USB. must be continiue loading)

which result you have? if no success

3. remove battery from device

4. connect to USB

5. call command promt (Start->Run->cmd Enter)

6. make current folder in command promt Apploader

7. Run in command prompt loader.exe /NOJVM

7. follow instruction (in some step loading can freezz, 1. disconnect device 2. place batterry to device, 3. connect device to USB. must be continiue loading)

8. (In all cases) Inform what happened :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
luksimir

Hello.

1. downloaded DM, OS and BBSAK

2. Vendor file deleted

Computer disconnected, DM shut down

3. Battery removed

No success. I get an error, that says, that AppLoader was unable to connect to the device.

the same thing happens when I try loader /nojvm procedure.

trully, i have done them so many times, i know them by heart. The thing is, that apploader successfuly connects to the device, it reads its PIN, but when it starts to connect to ARM, it fails. I get an error, that it was unable to connect to the device.

Or if i try standard loader procedure, it starts to connect to Boot ROM and the second that status "connected to Boot ROM" appears, i get the error in the subject.

I am starting to play with idea, that devices hardware might be fried.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
RandomV

mmmmm.....

I am also think that device have hardware error.

Try to remove battery leave it for 5-6 hours and then try new cycle.

Please use plain text.