Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: bb bold 9700
My Carrier: rogers

Update BB Bold 9700

Hey there. I have tried very hard to update my Blackberry Bold 9700 from OS5 to OS6 but it was just so confusing. It would be very helpful and generous if you replied back with step of how to update my smart device. Thank you. :smileyhappy:

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Update BB Bold 9700

Hello Sukhs

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Most easiest way is to try a manual update , to do that follow those simple Instructions :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double Click  on the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

• Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.

4.Search your C: Drive for any Vendor.xml files and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your PC change your folders option to show hidden files / folders  :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup using BlackBerry desktop

Software.

But that been adviced , Bold 9700 don't have enough memory . If you go with OS6 on your 9700 soon you may feel many issues within your device because of low memory , your device may  lag, freeze , you will only able to install limited application , won't allow you to open multiple tab . 

If you search this forums or any other you'll find that most user had to revert to OS 5 after within a few week . But still if you want to go ahead with OS then please try it for a few week , In case if you feel any issue you can simply downgrade again :smileyhappy:

let us know if you feel any problem or have any questions.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.