Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Tinman48
My Device: bold 9900

Updated os now will not work

Bold 9900 had error message jvm 545 so I updated the os and now it turns on but the keyboard does not respond and the phone just shows the clock now. Any help will be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Updated os now will not work

Hi Tinman48

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Its great that you are able to recover your device from that JVM 545 error ! as your keyboard are not working have you tried a Battery pull Restart .If not try it like this device POWERED ON remove the battery wait for a min. then re-inser it back then wait till your device reboots.Please try it and let us know.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tinman48

Hi Prince,

Tried removing the battery and when it rebooted the password screen came on tried to enter and there is no keyboard response after a few seconds the screen goes dark.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Tinman48

Sorry but I want to know if your keyboard was working properly before that error ? and also have your Restored you all previous applications to your device after OS upgrade ! Let us know.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tinman48

This is my daughter's phone and yes the keyboard was working. As for the restoring previous applications I am not 100% sure on that. Can you post the procedure on that just to make sure I know how to do that.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tinman48

I opened the desktop software program and it looks like they are all installed already. Did not see anything to do about the key board.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Tinman48

Sometime a third party applications are also responsible for the problem your are facing right now ,if she had restored all those application from here backup that might be the cause.

Please try to start your device of safe Mode and on safe mode see if your device keyboard works,To start your device on safe mode look at this knowledge base :

KB17877  How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode.

Please try it and let us know.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tinman48

Ok put the phone in safe mode and when rebooted the password screen appears with the safe mode words up top but still no response from the keyboard.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Tinman48

So on  Safe Mode also your keyboards are not working then the step step will be a Clean Relaod of your Device Software.I hope you already have the device Backup but if not do a complete backup of your device using BlackBerry Desktop Software.After that follow this Article on how to reload your device software.I prefer you should try ,it woun't take much time :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows.

Once your device reload complete  see if keyboards works , If all goes well then you should try a selective restore of your device data from the backup i;e only Contacts and calander entries don't install any application from the backup.look within this KB on how to perform a selective restore :

KB12487 :  How  backup BlackBerry smartphone Data using BlackBerry desktop software for Windows

so please try it and let us know of your progress.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tinman48

Ok thanks will try it. I am not really up to snuff with this technology stuff but will give it a try.

Please use plain text.