Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
donnabelmartie
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Globe

Updating OS

Hi all,

I'm confused which one to look at if I wanted to know my device version. When I go to options I see this 6.0 Bundle 3049 (v6.0.0.706, Platform 6.6.0.246). I am having issues such as auto on/off and hang ups so I wanted to update or reload my OS. I went to the download site for your carrier but when I checked the published date, those were a year ago. When I checked for updates in the desktop software and viewed other versions, the current version installed (v6.0.0.706) weren't there. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Updating OS

Hey Donnabelmartie,

BlackBerry® smartphone software availability is controlled by your carrier, if you select 'Other Versions' and no versions are listed go to the carrier website, download and install the BlackBerry® device software to your PC and then complete the software reload.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
donnabelmartie
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Globe

Thanks for the reply.

But I am confused which one to look at if I wanted to know my device version. Is it v6.0.0.706? I already went to the download site for your carrier but when I checked the published date, those were a year ago. Will I know if it's the updated/ higher version if it is higher than v6.0.0.706?

Granted I was able to download a device software, how do I install it? Step by step instructions, please. Kindly bear with me. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Developer
josuefunes
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Hello

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Most easiest way is to try a manual update , to do that follow those simple Instructions :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double Click  on the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

• Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.

4.Search your C: Drive for any Vendor.xml files and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your PC change your folders option to show hidden files / folders  :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup using BlackBerry desktop

Software.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
icedgorilla
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: xl

Hi,
the best way to upgrade or downgrade is google your BB model
and download the latest O/S available.
it doesnt have to be from your carrier, you can use O/S from any carrier you like.

- install DM and O/S on your PC
- download BBsak and install on your PC
- backup your BB twice using DM, in case one of them is corrupt.
- run BBsak and choose "wipe device" , wait untill you get error 507
- go to my computer - local disk C - program files - common files - Research In Motion -
Apploader and delete Vendor XML
- double click on Loader, and just install the new O/S
- once its done, reboot the BB, then using DM to restore your back up
- done !
Please use plain text.