Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Globe

Updating OS

Hi all,

I'm confused which one to look at if I wanted to know my device version. When I go to options I see this 6.0 Bundle 3049 (v6.0.0.706, Platform 6.6.0.246). I am having issues such as auto on/off and hang ups so I wanted to update or reload my OS. I went to the download site for your carrier but when I checked the published date, those were a year ago. When I checked for updates in the desktop software and viewed other versions, the current version installed (v6.0.0.706) weren't there. Thank you.

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Updating OS

Hey Donnabelmartie,

BlackBerry® smartphone software availability is controlled by your carrier, if you select 'Other Versions' and no versions are listed go to the carrier website, download and install the BlackBerry® device software to your PC and then complete the software reload.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Globe

Thanks for the reply.

But I am confused which one to look at if I wanted to know my device version. Is it v6.0.0.706? I already went to the download site for your carrier but when I checked the published date, those were a year ago. Will I know if it's the updated/ higher version if it is higher than v6.0.0.706?

Granted I was able to download a device software, how do I install it? Step by step instructions, please. Kindly bear with me. Thank you!

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Hello

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Most easiest way is to try a manual update , to do that follow those simple Instructions :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double Click  on the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

• Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.

4.Search your C: Drive for any Vendor.xml files and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your PC change your folders option to show hidden files / folders  :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup using BlackBerry desktop

Software.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: xl

Hi,
the best way to upgrade or downgrade is google your BB model
and download the latest O/S available.
it doesnt have to be from your carrier, you can use O/S from any carrier you like.

- install DM and O/S on your PC
- download BBsak and install on your PC
- backup your BB twice using DM, in case one of them is corrupt.
- run BBsak and choose "wipe device" , wait untill you get error 507
- go to my computer - local disk C - program files - common files - Research In Motion -
Apploader and delete Vendor XML
- double click on Loader, and just install the new O/S
- once its done, reboot the BB, then using DM to restore your back up
- done !