Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
Cookie86
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: Telus

Upgraded, now I can't add music to my 9700

I just upgraded my software to the latest version of the Blackberry 9700, v5.0.0.442.  Before I could upgrade I needed to install the Desktop Manager to my Macbook.  I did that no problem... I didn't remove my media card to upgrade, I don't know if that's a problem...

But after my BB upgraded, I couldn't add music to my already 100+ songs on my media card.  I started deleting them one by one, but it didn't seem to make a difference, so I pressed Command+A and deleted them all.  I think I may have accidentally deleted the 'thumbs' too but I don't know if I should have done that.

I changed the settings on the Desktop Manager NOT to launch when I plug my phone in.  I made sure Mass Storage was ON and Media Card support and Mass Storage Mode Support are ON too.  I have 96,000,000 Bytes free. Media card total space 971.1 MB. Free space 6.1 MB.

When my BB is plugged into my computer, it won't let me access the music while it's plugged in, yet I can access the pictures.

I'm not having any problems with the camera or picture folders, just the music.

When I try to drag a song into my Blackberry folder on my Macbook, it displays the following message:

"The item “(song title).m4a” can’t be copied because there isn’t enough free space."  But before I had 100 songs, all .m4a and now I have none.  I don't know where my free space went.

I hope I was as specific as possible.  Please and thank you for your advice.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Upgraded, now I can't add music to my 9700

[ Edited ]

Hey Cookie86,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

If you open BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac, then are you able to browse the shared drive that appears on your desktop?

Also have you tried transferring music via Media Sync?

To quote what you've stated: " I have 96,000,000 Bytes free. Media card total space 971.1 MB. Free space 6.1 MB"

You should have a lot more space on the Media card.  Do you have anything else saved on the memory card?

Ultimately I would transfer everything from the media card to a folder on your Mac and then format the media card and see if the free space increases.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.