Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Use Active Profile Except for.....???

I was previously using the Curve from Verizon, and just made the switch to the Bold 9650....Seems like a good phone at first until you try to setup profile exceptions. Where did they go????? I use to be able to keep my phone on silent, then create an exception that said for personA, use the "Loud" profile, or use "SMS Only"(custom profile).......that functionality is totally gone in this OS. Are there plans to bring it back? Is there a way around this? an App maybe?

I know I can set custom contact alerts, but its clearly not the same thing as the old "Use Active Profile Except For" functionality that I use to have and used often.

Please advise

Mark

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Use Active Profile Except for.....???

Exception profile is still available! Probably you're facing difficulty because of OS differences. Bold 9650 is launched with OS 5.x.x.xxx.

Go to Profiles then Set Contact Alerts then Add Contact Alert.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

My Device: Bold 9650

Unfortunately with the 9650, even if you set  up an exception by creating a custom alert or tone, that will NOT apply to SMS messages as it would with and AT&T Bold 9000....The 9650 profile exception or custom tone will only allow you to set up a tone for the phone and "message" alert with the "message" referring to emails or Pin messages or level 1 messages, NOT sms messages.....very annoying.  With my Bold 9000 I had custom profiles set for over 40 contacts in my list so I knew by the "TONE" who was on the other end and if it was a phone call or a text even before I unholstered my BB.  With the 9650, you can only assign a general "Catch all" sms tone for ALL SMS messages and can't customize them for individual contacts even with an exception....as I said...VERY annoying.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10

It works for me. Custom Profiles, Messages, allows for a custom tone for all messages including SMS and MMS. At least on mine it does.
~diffused
Z10, OS Version 10.2.1.3253
Verizon
My Device: bold 9650
My Carrier: verizon

As the previous poster said I too was not able to set alerts for text messages.  If you have, please explain how.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10

Go to Sounds, Set Contact Alert, Add Contact, select messages. One tone for all message types from that contact, including SMS and MMS. This also can be done from Contacts, edit and select messages. Be sure to hit save in the menus.
~diffused
Z10, OS Version 10.2.1.3253
Verizon