Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
tonyn

Use as modem with Windows 7

I've just upgraded to Windows 7 and can't get my Blackberry Bold to connect to my laptop to use as a modem. It worked fine when I was using XP. Can anyone help? Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tonyn

Re: Use as modem with Windows 7

[ Edited ]

If it helps anyone I received an idea which I tried and it worked great:  Open the Blackberry Desktop Manager, right click and select troubleshoot, then choose compatibility mode. Hey Presto Blackberry Desktop Manager ran in  what might be Vista mode. I couldn’t see what the point of that would be   until I restarted the computer and when I opened the Blackberry Desktop Manager, apart from the usual options to synchronise, there was a another icon in the Blackberry Desktop Manager which had not appeared before – to connect to the internet using the phone as a modem. First I was told I had to configure it. I clicked on the “Configure” button in the Blackberry Desktop manager and configured it then I clicked on Connect and it did it perfectly via USB. When I clicked on disconnect (all in the Blackberry desktop manager)  and unplugged the USB it then synced the Outlook info via Bluetooth. So it all works through the Blackberry Desktop manager.

Tonyn

Please use plain text.
timothymyles
My Carrier: verizon

I have clicked everywhere and don't get an option to troubleshoot my desktop manager, where exactly did you right click?

Please use plain text.
imatali
My Carrier: att

Have you found a solution for the 9000 used as modem on windows 7,

I have the same issue....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Brandi993

I am having the same issue. Using a 8900, I don't know how that would make a difference though.

Help! This is so aggrivating.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
renato696
My Carrier: Oi - Brazil

Interesting to read that other people have the same problema I have. I mean, I can use Blacyberry Bold as an IP modem via Blackberry Desktop Manager. The icon is there. The problem is, after using it for some minutes, it clashes my computer and I have to restart the system. It happens everytime. So, I believe that there is some incompatibility with Blackberry Desktop Manager 5.0.1 and Windows 7 - when we are using Bold as an IP Modem.

Please use plain text.
caperuzo
My Carrier: telcel

my HP laptop had originally installed win vista so i upgraded to win 7 , 

after that i had been unable to use my BB9700 as modem to connect to internet.

i've tried all the tricks available but no succsess.

please, please help me,  what am i missing?

Please use plain text.