Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
krissy1301
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone (Phone bought as handset only)

Useless 9780

I have a Blackberry Bold 9780 that was purchased under 18months ago for £350 from Carphone Warehouse. Since then I have had to take the phone back twice and have been given replacements each time all with the same faults. Prior to this I have had Blackberry phones for the past 8 year with ZERO problems.
My current handset is now 8 month old and is on a regular basis, dying very shortly after being taken off charge (symbol states fully charged) and dies of no battery even when the battery indicator is full. I have photos of this happening within 30 mins but cannot upload these from my phone (will do later). I have done the updates and followed the advice of your Twitter team to no avail.
I am now sick of this occuring (means I am uncontactable for a full day) and to be honest I do not want another Bold 9780. I've had 2 new handsets from Carphone Warehouse and they will happily give me another model the same but cannot offer me a newer device in replacement. I have been in contact with your team on Twitter who have acknowledged me but offered no solution other than to pay for incident based support. I feel this is completely inappropriate considering I paid good money for a phone that is faulty and yet have to pay for it to be rectified...not really fair.
Come on Blackberry, keep up with your competitors in terms of customer service...in my experience on this occasion you have a lot of catching up to do!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Useless 9780

I'd suggest you try using a new battery.

krissy1301 wrote:
Come on Blackberry, keep up with your competitors in terms of customer service...in my experience on this occasion you have a lot of catching up to do!

This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
krissy1301
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone (Phone bought as handset only)

Thanks Sanders but this is really annoying, 3 phones in a row would suggest that Blackberry have made a balls up of some variety, it shouldn't be up to me to buy a new battery. I really want some form of contact with them without having to pay the extortionate £35 to help fix their fault!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I find new batteries on Amazon.com for $6-10USD.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.