Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
indavadi
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: China Unicom

Using BB 9780 in China (guangzhou)

Hey guys, nice to meet you all.

I got a problem with my BB.

Since i bought it from Indonesia, i have registered it before with local indonesia provider.

Soon when i'm arrive in China, i've been release all the packet data with Indonesia provider means my BB should be clean.

Then i buy and activated the BIS service from CHina Unicom, then i do the wipe from my phone.

After that i found in my setup email, it's only appear setup for enterprise email, which needs email, password etc.

I Cannot access or activate the option of personal email and also can't do with BBM service.

The signal show i have connect with BB service, but everything going wrong with it.

Can anybody help me out of this??

Very appreciate if there is a solving about it.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
indavadi

Re: Using BB 9780 in China (guangzhou)

Please any one can help me ???

After i can't setup a new personal email, i do the security wipe and now the setup option only left enterprise email setup only.

What should i do???

If the security wipe also wipe out my bb package?

Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shirenno
My Device: bold montana 9930
My Carrier: verizon

Hi Indavadi,

Is your bb unlocked?
Where did you get a china unicom sim card for blackberry?
How much is it?

Did you solve your problems? I don't know if I can help you, but I am going to china this january for vacation tour and I want to use my bb bold montana 9930 in china.
But I don't know which provider to use.

I will be staying in china for 8 days. My first stop is hangzhou and then shanghai.
Is there any prepaid sim card for blackberry? I just want to use my bbm and to send and receive emails.

Anyone?

Thanks a lot..
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
indavadi

Hi Shirenno

Good day,

Actually the problem is solved right now.

But it will be bad idea to use BB in china, since the BB is very new for them.

I just set up so many times to get it work, and there is no pre paid card here for BB.

If you are really want to use, please go the china mobile, then tell them you want to use BB, they will arrange a new sim card for you with registration needed.

But first you need to release everything from your previous provider along with your email, and then to activate here, when you are leaving china, the same things you need to do also.

Anyway very annoy and not recommended for short term bb user in china.

Thanks and hope it can help. 

Please use plain text.