Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

alopera
My Device: Not Specified

Using my BlackBerry Bold with T-mobile

I recently brought a BlackBerry bold to use it with T-mobile. So far phone calls and emails is working properly but I got not get it to work connecting to Internet through the browser or using IM Intant with MSN. can somebody help me?!!!
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Using my BlackBerry Bold with T-mobile

[ Edited ]

The solution is downloading Blackberry Unite from http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/blackberryunite/

After this you have the browser working (go to options, advanced options, browser and change hotspot browser for Unite browser), and you can go and surf to www.mobile.blackberry.com and download MSN

Message Edited by urumilton on 11-11-2008 09:33 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
mikemgta
My Device: Not Specified

Will the same or similar downloads work with the T-Mobile Hotspot at Home?  I can do all but the web browsing on the T-Mobile EDGE network and Hotspot at Home.  T-Mobile seems disinterested in helping us work out this issue.  They simply say to buy one of their phones.

Please use plain text.
Developer
dkonigs
My Device: Bold 9900

The real solution to your problems is to backup the Service Books from a supported BlackBerry, and to restore them onto your Bold.

Of course to backup or restore Service Books successfully, you first have to remove a piece of the BlackBerry web browser (net_rim_bb_browser_daemon.cod). If you google for a package called "enable_browser_v2", it'll give you the javaloader utility (also provided by RIM), along with a script that has easy menu options for doing that.

Basically, this is what you have to do:

1) Plug in supported and BlackBerry to your PC

2) Uninstall the browser, wait for the device reset

3) Use the Desktop Manager's advanced backup/restore to save the Service Books

4) Reinstall the browser, wait for the device reset

5) Plug in your BlackBerry Bold to your PC

6) Uninstall the browser, wait for the device reset

7) Use the Desktop Manager's advanced backup/restore to load the Service Books saved in step 3.

8) Reinstall the browser, wait for the device reset

This is all a royal pain, and you'll have to do it every time you SIM-swap or do an OS upgrade.  But it does work.  I got a Bold a couple weeks ago, and use T-Mobile, and this is how I've gotten it all working.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Here is the exact way to do it, follow this link, read first and just do it.

If you need some information, please post it.

Really works, after do it, you have internet browser on your bold.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/howto-get-all-features-wap-browser-mms-working-t-mobile-usa-unlocke...

Tomorrow if i have time i will call Tmobile Usa, and i ask for a conference with RIM customer service, to just made this public, and give us the exact service books to all the customer with Blackberry Bold.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.