Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790
My Carrier: O2

Validate my email account

[ Edited ]

I have received an email asking me to validate my email account - I had changed my broadband to infinity which I suspect has been detected by Blackberry. Which password do I use to do this? I have tried (and reset) my blackberry ID password; tried my service provider password and neither work!!

I am at a loss!!

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Validate my email account

[ Edited ]

Most carriers, including O2 I would suspect, have a self-serve BIS site from which you can control the email acccount(s) on your phone.  You could call O2 and ask for a user/pass combo to access that site.

OR

If you want a simpler method, try typing www.blackberry.com/integrate in your phone's browser, then follow the prompts.  If you're prompted for a password, use the one you used when setting up the email account originally.

Either one of these solutions should work for you.  Please post back with your results.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790
My Carrier: O2

Re: Validate my email account

Thanks for this. I found another post which said in spite of having an @btinternet.com address I should try making my email an @btyahoo address. In spite of never having used a yahoo account (my BT account does go through yahoo), I tried it and very scarily it worked! I need to check this out with BT but I am up and running! What can I say?!!!!!