Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Verizon (Lack Of) Support

[ Edited ]

I purchased a 9930 from Verizon Wireless at the end of September. Today, I tapped (just tapped) on the screen for the message app, and the screen cracked. I don't care what anybody says, All I did was tap the screen and it cracked.

I called Version to see what can be done. The told me they outright refuse to warranty anything but 'internal' failures of the Blackberry, any other problem must be my fault, and I have to purchased a new one at full retail.

Pretty convenient (for Verizon) policy.

As an engineer, I can think of several reasons right off the bat why a screen would crack. A failure if the glass itself is not uncommon for one. A screen that has been assembled with a slight torque (or twist) to it by not being correctly attacked to the enclosure for another.

Did I just run into a stubborn set of techs at Verizon Wireless, or is this now the official policy for support of these devices? Does Blackberry offer warranty support directly for their products?

I've owned BB Phones for years, and I feel that the 'flagship' smartphone from BB shoule be better supported.

Just want to know.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Verizon (Lack Of) Support

[ Edited ]

I'm going to give it to you straight:  If Verizon says they're not touching it, you're out of luck.....plain and simple.  Now for some clarification.  When you purchased the phone from Verizon, within your contract was a stipulation that you would contact them for support.  They would support anything gone wrong that is a result of faulty workmanship or faulty software.  You gently tapping the screen and cracking it will be deemed your fault.  I believe you 100% but Verizon does not and never will.

If I can give you any advice, I'd say to look for a replacement phone on the internet, lay down a few bucks to buy it and don't look back. RIM offers zero support to the end consumer, they contract the carriers (Verizon included) to offer it.  If a carrier says it's not going to support you, you might as well ask for world peace by noon tomorrow because you'd have better luck with that than with getting your issue resolved.

Sorry to be so negative.....just tellin' ya how it works.  Smiley Happy 

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.