Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
glnz
My Device: 9930

Verizon.net email will NOT link to Bb browser - Vz help useless

[ Edited ]

On my new Blackberry Bold 9930 given to me by my company for company email, if I use the blackberry browser to check my personal home verizon.net email  ([myname]@verizon.net), verizon's email servers will NOT connect to the blackberry browser and will either kick me out of logged-in status or give me an "email server not available" error message.

The blackberry and the blackberry browser are working just fine.  The blackberry browser connects well to everything else, including these forums, the New York Times website and the Wall Street Journal website (all of which require log-ins), etc.  Everything else about the blackberry is 100%.

Also, on the way to verizon.net email on the blackberry browser, I have to log in at My Verizon, and that works at first also.  (The next page says "Welcome Irving".)  When I then click on "Email", I am either kicked out of logged-in status or get an "email server not available" error message.

I spent an hour on the phone with a totally uncooperative Verizon DSL customer support supervisor, who insisted I should call Verizon mobile.  But there's nothing wrong with the blackberry.  The problem is with the verizon.net website email servers, which will not connect correctly to the blackberry browser.

The Verizon DSL customer support supervisor adamantly refused to connect me to Tier 3 Verizon DSL network support or even pass them a message.

This started about a month ago, and Verizon customer support then also asked that I speak with Vz Mobile, and Vz Mobile confirmed it is a Verizon DSL email/network issue - there's nothing wrong with the blackberry or its browser.  Vz is just being obstinate.

I have since been on the Verizon forum websites and gotten some reluctant attention from them and they say they will escalate, but no guarantees or ETA.

By the way, if I go to my home PC and access verizon.net email using my PC browsers (IE or Firefox), I have no trouble connecting and then receiving or sending emails via those browsers on my PC.  Verizon's email servers refuse to connect to a Blackberry browser.

Also, in response to Verizon's directions, I downloaded the Opera Mini browser onto my blackberry and had the same problems.  Also trying a different URL for the verizon email web site - no help.

Who else has this problem?

Contributor
glnz
My Device: 9930

Re: Verizon.net email will NOT link to Bb browser - Vz help useless

Hey - any ideas out there?