Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Version 6 Update BB Bold 9700

I'm using the BlackBerry Bold 9700 and I'm wanting to update the software from v5.0.0.593 to v6 but when I go through the process of it, I get told there is no update available.

My carrier is O2-UK and they tell me that the update is definitely available.

Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9810, 9860, 9900, 9800, 9780 and 4xBB other models
My Carrier: BESx2/BISx3

Re: Version 6 Update BB Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

In all cases try  with battery and without battery

Do not forget to backup your device if possible, but with restore be careful, restore only needed information AddBook SMS Messages, but for no any case Options or etc...

1. BBSAK (if needed) - BBSAK web page

2. Desktop manager - from here Desktop Manager (choose 5 or 6 version)

3. Operating system (firmware) - for official OS From Rogers

Download all what you need and install it

Disconnect from internet your PC!!!

Here instruction for reflash

(Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
Download OS to PC
Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; etc).
Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
(Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK to backup 3rd party apps.
On PC, navigate to
•64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/Applauder and delete file therein called Vendor.
•32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Applauder and delete file therein called Vendor.
In same Applauder file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.

one else

Before start update - switch off your internet

1.Download and install BBSAK
2.Connect your device to PC (do not run BM)
3.in BBSAK program click on "Factory Reset" and "Wipe device" it will be fully wiped, device will be restarted and there are will be white screen with "Error 507"
4.click on BBSAK program "Load OS" and choose OS which you download and install to your PC (also delete vendor file )

click OK and wait, it maybe up to 45-60 min.

Must work.

here one else way how to reflash http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch-Smartphone/BB-Messenger-and-WiFi-disabled-by...

just connect to your PC by USB - then do:

1. Run BBSAK - if you have password on your BB write it to dialog screen from BB - if no, just click OK, then click on button LOAD OS and follow instruction

other way:

remove battery go to Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Applauder  and run loader.exe, follow instruction. Sometime after finish first step of update device is no response for loooooond time, do this: disconnect device, place back battery wait while it start and connect to USB - it must continue work

sometime, when battery fully drain - you must connect and charge battery about 30-60 min then when device is switch on, do all steps.

Disconnect from internet your PC!!!

next step

run command prompt - Start->Run and type cmd and click to Enter button

in command prompt (black windows will be opened) type

cd "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Applauder" exactly as I write and click Enter

the current folder in command prompt will be shown

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Applauder>

connect your device to PC - it must start charging

type here loader /NOJVM

will be open windows - click Next, will be shown Connection and here writed your device PIN (automatically!!! not by you)

so follow instruction and click everywhere  NEXT - must be successfully done

Also you can in BBSAK first of click on button "Factory reset" and when it will be finished and your device restart will shown error 507, do one else time "Wipe Device" and when device finished restart load OS

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Be sure to click Likes! for those who have helped you.

If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”.

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9105 3G
My Carrier: O2

I've got a Bold 9700 and I'm with O2-UK and I've been trying to update all day and I too can't update over the air via handset, it says there isn't an update available even though O2 have sent me a txt saying there is one.

Have you tried going through the Desktop Manager? I have and it says it needs to download some updated Desktop files first, but it gets to about 4 bars (Less than a quater) after an hour and then I get an error message and the downloading stops and will not start again, no matter how many times I try.

I've tried downloading at:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=7D2A383E54274888B4B73B97E1AAA491

and filling out the correct fields. The download starts but it is painfully slow, 5KB/s at the most and it says it will take 12 hours to download so I have to stop. And that's the old version 6 too, version v6.0.0.1879.

I've also tried using http://uk.blackberry.com/update (Which only works with Internet Explorer and not Opera or Chrome for some reason) and it says I have to download the Windows MSI first which is a 20 MB file that will only down load at 340B/s and will take 5 hours, again I can't do this imagine how long it will take for a 175 MB file? Days and that's if it doesn't drop out.

Why are the Blackberry servers so slow and dropping people out? This is the official O2 release that we in the UK have been waiting ages for, we shouldn't have to be sneeking around trying to use a leaked or foriegn version we should be able to use the official version and it should be an easy process, this is a joke.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: t mobile

Dont do it, is my advice, I absolutely hate the upgrade and would give anything to go back, have lost all my emails, don't like the screen set up, can't move emails to a saved folder now - have been trying to all day. If anyone can help me with this would be very grateful.