Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Tablet
Accepted Solution

Version 7.1.0 upgrade

Rec'd a notice of software upgrade from current version 7.1.0 bundle 921 to version 7.1.0 bundle 1646 with further statement that priority is critical.  When I attempt to download I get the follwoing message

Domain Name mismatch.  Connection attemted to 206.51.26.248 service certificate is configured for 206.51.26.246.  this has been disallowed by your adminstrator.

I do not understand why there is a difference in certificat nos.? and why it won't download?

Solutions: 6,065
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Version 7.1.0 upgrade

Is this update being attempted over the air wireless, or via the BlackBerry Desktop Software?

I urge you to make a backup of your data first, using the BlackBerry Desktop Software, and then attempt the upgrade while connected to your PC.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Its over the air wireless - I don't have my laptop available which is sync'd with my fone. 

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Personally, I wouldn't do the OTA wireless upgrade. Doing it via BDS, as JSanders mentioned, is a much more reliable option. You risk data loss if you do the OTA upgrade with no backupl.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Ok thanks for the direction although I am still confused as to why the certificate nos are different?

New Contributor

Another question related to my original query - what is the reference to bundle 921 and bundle 1646.  I have never seen that previously on updates - the reference is usually in the numbering of the version eg 7.1.0.1 or 7.1.0.2 etc?

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

If you look in Options >About you'll see where it refers to the bundle number and then the application version is in parenthesis. We usually refer to the application version but its often referred to by bundle number.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!