Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

NewBoldUser
My Device: Not Specified

Very Disappointed Bold user

I purchased my first Blackberry, the Bold and am very disappointed and frustrated with the browser.  I am unable to use it with my banking and investment websites because it is incompatilbe with them.  The other issue is that the browser doesn't have a Flash player which many sites use.  The browser is practically useless for what I need I to do.

Unfotunately, the more I use the Bold, the more disappointed I become.   For a supposedly high end business device, it leaves a lot to be desired..... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
eltawil
My Device: BlackBerry Bold
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Re: Very Disappointed Bold user

Most mobile browsers don't have flash support. And as for the website incompatibility issues you're having, this also applies to numerous mobile browsers as well. But you can always change you Bold's Browser Identification to use either Firefox, Internet Explorer, or the default BlackBerry browser engine. Usually websites are more compatible with Internet Explorer so give that a try. Also make sure that the "Support Javascript" checkbox is checked (under Browser Configuration as well).

Ahmed Eltawil
Senior Systems Developer
IES Group Inc.

Remember to mark your thread as 'Solved' and to give those who helped some precious 'Kudos'.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tracy_S

Probably should get the IPhone.  It works well with MS Exchange and 99.9999% of web sites.  I have not found one yet that would not load.  I waited as long as I could for the Bold, but it appears they are not coming to US this year.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
eltawil
My Device: BlackBerry Bold
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

I was an iPhone user for a long time now, starting with the first generation iPhone, and last week I decided to switch to something more professional that offers a lot more options, features, and is less strict with the content that you add to your phone. Plus you can't compare a BlackBerry Bold to an iPhone. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

All you need is to tweak your browser to get what you want. But I do agree that you wont be able to open all websites properly on your Bold, and that's something you should've expected before you purchased it.

Ahmed Eltawil
Senior Systems Developer
IES Group Inc.

Remember to mark your thread as 'Solved' and to give those who helped some precious 'Kudos'.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
srustiranjan

I too very disappointed with bold. It has a very bad memory management /control .
Please use plain text.