Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Globe

Very buggy Bold 9900 from Singapore! PLEASE READ.

I bought my Blackberry Bold 9900 from Sim Lim Square in Singapore last September 10, 2011. I was only there for a short while so after I bought it and started using it, I noticed that the trackpad would randomly scroll up. I tried looking for patterns as to when it would scroll up continously but I couldn't find any. I was not able to bring it back to the store I bought it from because we were already leaving the next day. After a few weeks of use, the touch screen function seemed to not work anymore. I'm from the Philippines and everyone I asked said that Blackberry does not have any service centers here in the Philippines. So at around October, I asked my sister, who works in Singapore to bring it with her for it to be checked by the staff at the store. They said there was not anything wrong with it and my sister told me the same thing because she used it a bit and she said that the touch screen was fine and there was no random scrolling. This is where it all starts getting weird. She sent it back to the Philippines through a friend and after a few days of use, the touch screen was indeed functioning but the scrolling up problem was still there. After a few days, the touch screen suddenly stopped working again. So the touch screen does not work, and the phone scrolls up on its own randomly. Another thing is that whenever I'd try to unlock it with the button on top, there are times when it'd take the phone a whole minute before turning on. Also, there are times when the phone would display a small black box that supposedly shows that the phone is loading and it's just there for around a whole minute as well. What is wrong and what are your suggestions? I don't know where I can have it fixed or better yet replaced. It is seriously getting on my nerves because I bought it in good terms, paid for it in cash and everything to be given such hassle.