Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: bold 9900

Very sensitive 'off' button

Hi,

Im hoping someone can help... I recently brought a bb bold 9900 no more than 2 months ago. for the last three weeks or so the 'off/hang up' button is so sensitive you only have to hover your finger over it to get it to work. This makes having a conversation on the phone impossible and when using the phone for texting or searching internet etc if you press any of the keys on the top right hand side of the phone under that button it just takes me back to the home screen - which is very irriating. Its virtually impossible to use the phone anymore. It also means that it just randomly turns off because it thinks im pressing the turn off button when its just in my bag or pocket. I have checked for water damage and there is none and i am very careful with my phone generally. is there any way to fix this problem?!

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Very sensitive 'off' button

Your best bet in this case would be to take it back to Orange for repair of replacement.  It sounds like a hardware issue so nothing we would suggest to you in relation to a software fix would likely work.  You could try getting it fixed on your own but because it's still within its one-year warranty period, it would be covered by Orange.  Sure, they'll probably give you a Bold 9000 or similar as a loaner phone, but this is not something you should attempt to repair on your own.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.