Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Vibrate + Ring setting question

Ok... I dont mind the way in which this setting works (vibrating twice then ringing) however what I am encountering is that the the phone will vibrate twice then ring only once. This is extremely annoying and I dont know why this is doing that. because this was not an issue I encountered with my Pearl.

I am using one of the Bold's preloaded ringers (BBpro4 or 3) so I cant understand why it'll only ring once then stop. If I set it to the tone function it'll ring normally through to voice mail?

Is there anyway to fix this. I cant believe such a good phone is let down by such a annoying issue. 

Thanks

Solutions: 6,136
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Vibrate + Ring setting question

Call your carrier and ask them to "increase the ringtime until voice mail picks up".

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thats not the issue here as it is set to its full amount.

The issue is that if its set to vibrate + tone it'll vibrate twice and only tone once then cease. It will not audibly ring out until my call goes to VM. 

Does that explain it better? 

Solutions: 6,136
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I understand your problem.

A "ring" can consist of one short 2 second ring burst, or a full 15 second mp3 song clip. The number of rings is not the matter. It is the length of the ring you are using, and amount of time until voicemail picks up. 

So you have called your carrier and increased the time until voicemail from the preset 15 seconds , to the maximum 30 seconds allowed, already?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

I have a similar problem with my BOLD. It vibrates twice before starting to ring, then it rings. At first I thought it was because I set an mp3 song as the ringtone, creating a lag time before the song could start playing, so I switched to a ringtone that came with the BB butI have the same problem. 
New Contributor

Great... at least there's someone else encountering the same issue as I am.

What I cant understand is why if my ring settings are set solely to Tone the Bold will ring using that exact same tone selected all the way through to when the call ceases and goes off to voicemail however it'll only ring once after it had already vibrated twice in vibrate + ring setting whereby it'll then show only the call being received on the screen but will neither vibrate nor tone.

So in a nutshell... it buzzes twice, rings once then nothing. Why doesn't it vibrate twice then RING out audibly until either the caller hangs up or the call is referred to VM. 

Extremely annoying why such a great phone needs to be spoiled by such pissy issues. 

Hi just got a Bold this week (upgraded from a 8800) and appear to be having same/similar problem.

I have Normal profile set to Vibrate+Tone with Number of Vibration: 2 and Ring Tone Ringer_ClassicPhone (default).

I have also increased my ringing time to 30 seconds with my telco via **61*XXX*30# (where XXX is the Voicemail Telco number).

So when my Bold is called it will: Vibrate Twice and then Ring Once then Vibrate twice again and start to ring but the 30 seconds is up.

My previous blackberry used to Vibrate Twice and then ring numerous times which is what I am looking for.

Why is the Bold Vibrating and ringing once. then vibrating again ?