Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

jdavisroby
My Device: Not Specified

Video Recording / Playback Error

I recently upgraded to an ATT Bold from an ATT Curve.  

I tried out the video recording for the first time this evening.  I recorded a 90 second clip that is 6.7mb and am unable to play it back.  The file doesn't show up in the video playlist.  However, when I explore the device memory I find the file under the video folder.  When I try and play the file from this menu I recieve the following error:  "Unable to display file"  I notice the file extension is ".3gp.lock3"

Since encountering this issue I have recorded several other videos with no issues.  The extension for those videos is ".3gp.rem" 

I am unable to connect vie desktop manager due to enterprise restrictions and Bluetooth is not on option due to my being a Mac user.  Also, I am unable to e-mail the file to myself because the BB tells me the file is too large. 

Has anyone experienced these issues?  Any suggestions?   

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Video Recording / Playback Error

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums, and Merry Christmas!

The .rem extension says the file is encrypted. As you are BES

I would think that you have an IT policy that is encrypting the data,

and may be interfering with use of the voice recorder.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Please remember to resolve your thread.

Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks 

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB16240&sliceId=2&docTy...

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11970&sliceId=1&docTy...

Message Edited by Bifocals on 12-24-2008 10:33 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
jdavisroby
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Video Recording / Playback Error

Thank you for the info.  The majority of my files work fine.  Only the one file with an extension of 3gp.lock3 doesn't work.  Do you have any idea what this extension is?

Thanks. 

Please use plain text.