Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
TechieBanker
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

Video camera does not save video properly (3gp.lock)

Hi,

As normal, I started the video camera and recorded a video. However, this one time the video is particularly important, the blackberry locks up and the video was not saved properly.

I am left with the [myvid].3gp and [myvid].3gp.lock, both of which cannot be played by the blackberry. it has never happened before, and it hasn't happened afterwards yet.

This problem has only happened once, but it happened on an important video.

Anyone know how I can "fix" this video, or get the video camera to open it up and finish the saving process?

Thanks!

mbrianmills
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Video camera does not save video properly (3gp.lock)

I have seen this issue before; it is caused when you take a video, but only press the Pause key at the end of the video rather than pressing the Stop key which saves the video. I have replicated this so that I know what is happening, but I have not  yet found a fix for this.

To replicate the issue, take a video and press the pause key then press the Call End button to exit the video camera and then when you go back your video will be locked up.

I've been searching off and on for weeks regarding this, but have not yet found a solution. I have tried all sorts of conversion software including advanced software such as Adobe Premiere to simple, yet robust, software like ffmpeg. Nothing has worked yet, but I am hopeful that something will!

I will post a solution here when/if I find one.

bkkballer
My Device: Bold 9700

I have the same problem. You guys find a solution yet? Thanks!

Developer
zac_mathews
My Device: Not Specified

Guys.... I am also having this same issue.. :smileymad: ... does anybody know why this happens...

Is it a bug?... :smileyindifferent:

Details:

OS Ver: 5.0

BB SDK Ver: 5.0.0.25

Simulator 8900

When ever i start recording i am getting two files "temp.3gp" and "temp.3gp.lock"

RecordControl rc=rc=(RecordControl)player.getControl("RecordControl");

//<<some more code goes here>>

rc.setRecordLocation(System.getProperty("fileconn.dir.memorycard.videos")+"temp.3gp");
rc.startRecord();

Unfortunatly even i stop recording it remained as two file.

But i can play "temp.3gp.lock" on simulator after renaming it to something like "demo.3gp:".

BlackBerry Guru please help....

Thanks in Advance....

Zac