Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

dexterdog
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Virgin UK

Virgin UK - Bold 9700 update to OS6

Why can't I upgrade my software to OS6?

This is so frustrating.

I received an email yesterday from Blackberry saying the update was available and when I tried I was told no updates were available.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Virgin UK - Bold 9700 update to OS6

You may check this link:

How to update or reinstall BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Software

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.
dexterdog
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Virgin UK

Thanks for the response, I did try to download the update via my PC, but it appears Virgin UK are not updating the software as the Bold 9700 is an OLD model!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Thank goodness Virgin is not offering it; they're one of the smart carriers who realize that OS 6 does not belong on a 9700.  Trust me, if you install OS 6 on your phone, you can be guaranteed to run in to constant lagging and freezing up.  Your phone has 256 MB of onboard memory, compared to the 512 MB of memory recommended to run OS 6.  Yes, I know RIM has made it available for 256 MB phones but it doesn't mean it should be.

I hope I've helped you.  I've certainly saved you from some frustration, if nothing else.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.