Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

ahmadtrq
My Device: Bold 9790

Virus infected my phone. Urgent help needed

Precursor:

I accedently hooked my phone up through USB to a virus ridden computer. After that when I hooked it up to a PC through mass storage connection the computer showed non of the original blackberry folders and only showed 5 or 6 files which were all mp3's and I guessed that they were a virus. I ran Avast anti virus on the device through the computer and the anti virus deleted all those files. Ever since my phone just shows no files when connected to the computer. However the files are still present as I can see them through the blackberry desktop software.

The Problem:

The phone software shows zero media files. If I take a picture through the camera it doesn't save it as well. I tryed to reinstall the device software through the blackberry desktop software but that also didn't help. Please give me any ideas. A major function of the phone is useless without any media being saved on it whatsoever.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Forums Advisor III
gutijose14
My Device: Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.2.1.3247)

Re: Virus infected my phone. Urgent help needed

Hi Ahmandtrq 

First the Blackberry OS is very secure and virus free ...

What happened is that the PC was infected by virus and connected your computer in storage, the files were virus infectadon all content is within microSD.

If they can perhaps regain direct access information, but are shortcuts you'll have to format your microSD.

Regards...

• Response you like me? Want THANK? Click like.jpg
  • If it was the SOLUTION click "Accept as Solution"!
  • #bbm.original.png4LL original.png  #ichooseBlackBerry10 @Gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Advisor III  Gutijose14

ahmadtrq
My Device: Bold 9790

I don't have a micro SD card inserted in the phone. All my data was stored in the phone memory. If the Blackberry OS is so secure then howcome the phone isn't saving any media files anymore. Not only does it not save the pics or videos taken from the camera but it also doesn't save anything from whatsapp or other such applications. Further clearification would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Forums Advisor III
gutijose14
My Device: Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.2.1.3247)

Hi ahmadtro

Go to WhatsApp
Enter settings
Then media Configuration
Check here for multimedia guadar this the option of the device.

What version of OS you have installed on your BB?

• Response you like me? Want THANK? Click like.jpg
  • If it was the SOLUTION click "Accept as Solution"!
  • #bbm.original.png4LL original.png  #ichooseBlackBerry10 @Gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Advisor III  Gutijose14