Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Not Specified

Voice Dialing Accuracy

Ok, have had the Bold now for a few weeks and really like it.  One of the issues though is the accuracy of the voice dialing feature.  I am from Australia, so clearly will have a different accent but I cannot get the dialer to recognise ANYTHING that I say.

From dialing short numbers to just saying "Call Peter" it never gets it right.

Is there some way to train the software to my accent or add voice tags to specific contacts?  I have used the phone beside my ear, in front of my mouth and via bluetooth headset without any luck.

What am I doing wrong?  Can someone point me to a user manual?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Voice Dialing Accuracy

I live in the US and have no "accent" and have never had great luck with the voice dialing.  I removed it from my device. 

There is a feature in Voice Dialing, can't remember just what it's called...might be something like "update digits" or something that is supposed to help with that.  Also, you have to say the name of the contact exactly as it is listed in your address book.  If you sort by last name first, then say it last name first.  For example if you were to call me, you'd say "Call Clark John"

Not sure this helps or not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get 15% off a new BlackBerry device from ShopBlackberry! Use discount code vj7wgxj9w (Limited time only!!!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

My voice dialing works fine though I'm not from any of the mentioned/discussed region. I would suggest to check voice dialing of your device with someone other then Aussies. If that fails...get a replacement device!

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

My voice dial accuracy was reduced when I upgraded the Bold's OS to 162.  It worked well prior to the upgrade.  I find the accuracy is only poor when using a Bluetooth device.  If I talk directly into the bold not using a headset the accuracy is fine.  I am from Canada and live near RIM, hopefully they recognize my accent. 

I have exactly the same issue after upgrading to Ver 4.6.0.162. I called the provider informing him of this issue today following your post. Ver 0.168 is not available on the provider's site. I hope that the provider will make the Ver .168 available soon.I am also in Canada.

Thanks

New Contributor

What Bluetooth product are you using?  I have a nXZEN 5000 having the same problem that i entered in a post following this one because I missed this post when i was searching for the same problem..Would changing the software from the Nuance software to a different voice recognition software program solve this problem?
New Contributor

I am using 2 Bluetooth devices:

1. Blueant Supertooth Light
  2. Plantroncis Voyager 510 

Both have the same problem. They both worked great with the original OS that shipped with the phone.   

New Contributor

To Tanzim:  What brand of blue tooth are you using?
Highlighted

motorolla HS850. I worked fine before the update