Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
kleinline
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Voice Dialing takes over my Media app

Please help--I've done everything I know of to disable voice dialing, but it still interrupts when I'm using the Media app.  :smileysad:

I've already made sure that

- Options > Screen/Keyboard > Left Side Convenience key Opens: Nothing

- Options > Voice Dialing > shows...

Choice  lists: Always Off

Audio Prompts: Disabled

What else can I change???

Any music or podcasts I put on the Media app are extremely difficult to listen to.  Only a few seconds into the sound file, the "say a command" voice dialing begins.  I get a white screen while it intrudes, and when I try to return to the Media player, I find that it has destroyed any chance of listening to the track I was playing.  What happens next is the PLAY button and PAUSE button start to flash back and forth.  The audio file starts, pauses, starts, pauses.   It will continue to do this until it crashes (stops playing).  It is extremely difficult to stop the app from playing once this begins.  I have to continually press STOP.

If I back out of the Media app once the sound file has stopped, and go back into the same track it continues to play/pause/play/pause again.  

If I turn OFF the blackberry, remove the battery, and force a system restart, the issue is still not fixed.

When the voice dialing starts, there is no stopping it!

Also, I am not touching my blackberry when it begins.  I have ensured that the phone is resting in a place where all buttons are COMPLETELY untouched.  I have no idea what is triggering voice dialing.  Not even the slightest jar is occurring...it just interrupts.

I've downloaded all the latest BB updates I know of in the hopes a fix will be present.  No luck so far.

Please use plain text.
gaiachild
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Voice Dialing takes over my Media app

any luck ? im having the same problem

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lakshmi3489
My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: airtel

Hi I too have the same problem. Could someone please help with this?
Please use plain text.
grayday
My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon

I am having the same problem on my Storm 2. Any suggestions? It is really annoying.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lakshmi3489
My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: airtel

Hi guys,

Wanted to add that if I took off the headset from the mobile and played the media files handsfree the problem with voice dialling does not happen.

So in my case I had to keep adjusting the Blackberry headphone pin into the mobile headphone slot in such a way that the voice dialling stops..... have to maintain this position else a slight change and again it starts. If someone had the same problem can you tell me if you have tried without a BB headphone but any pther brand.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fyg500
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Entel

I have the same problem and it is driving me batty. I have a curve 9300. I also had the problem with a Curve 8520, so RIM has been unable to fix this problem for a generation.

I would appreciate instructions for removal of this stupid  application.

Regards,

Please use plain text.
sarcanon
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Same thing happening here with my Bold 9000, and it's driving me up the wall. Does RIM monitor this forum? If so, why has there been no response? It's obviously not an isolated case.

Please use plain text.
ynaras
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Airtel India

I have been searching for a solution for nearly 3 weeks now. I am ready to start dissing blackberry on all the forums because of the lack of customer support for this issue.

Why is blackberry being so complacent at a time when it is facing stiff competition from Android phones and Apple?

Seriously, I am going to start writing reviews on CNET, Techcrunch, etc. and talk about Blackberry's lack of support if I do not find a solution to this problem. I have invested more than $700 of my hard earned money on 2 blackberry phones (one for me and one for my spouse).

Please use plain text.
ynaras
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Airtel India

BTW: I have had this problem for nearly 6 months

Please use plain text.
dhaval9143
My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: retailer

try changing the headphones it works maybe thats the first reason that app goes on automatically something is wrong with the blackberyy headsets

Please use plain text.