Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Berniemtl
My Device: Not Specified

Voice dialing - Name commands

I am using the BB Bold with the Jawbone headset.

In voice dialing mode it easily dials digit commands, but will not recognise any of the names from my the adress book!

Same when I am not using the Jawbone, recognises numbers but no name commands from my adress book!

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Berniemtl

Re: Voice dialing - Name commands

[ Edited ]

Any thoughts on this issue?

Still no luck whatsoever using voice commands for names in my adress book!

Message Edited by Berniemtl on 10-15-2008 09:57 AM
Please use plain text.
sendow

I have a BB Bold (AT&T) with the new version of the Jawbone headset and can dial names.  The phone recognizes what I am saying and pulls up relevant choices.

But the software's ability to detect names in my address book is dismal. When I say "Steve", it pulls up "Stephen" as the first contact, and "Steve" second.  When I say "Marty", it pulls up "Lori", "Mandy", and "Marty".  When I try and call someone with multiple phone numbers, I then have to go through a second set of commands to choose the specific number, making the process much too involved.

It's pretty much useless for me, since it takes more time and requires more effort for me to call someone.

Very disappointing.  I would have much preferred the typical setup where you train the phone with specific voice dial commands for specific contacts.  Not as fancy, but much more effective IMHO.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Adrian34
My Device: BlackBerry BOLD 9000

download Vlingo from http://www.vlingo.com
Please use plain text.
Visitor
mjchansen

Thanks for the tip about www.vlingo.com anything is better than the Bold's Voice commands...absolutely horrible!

Please use plain text.
ronworman
My Device: Blackberry 9650

I have a 9650 and a Jawbone PRIME. Jawbone says to depress the Assassin/Talk button at the top of the device for 3/4 seconds and then you can voice dial by saying Call <NAME>... it doesnt work. I can use the blackberry side button to do it, but not Jawbone... Jawbone says it is a Blackberry problem.. so effectively we dont have "Hands Free" for voice dialing - because we have to grab the phone... are you listening Blackberry?

Please use plain text.