Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
yojak
My Device: BB Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Voicemail alerting

Let's get it out of the way that I'm living in the Stone Age for still needing to use voicemail.  Ok, we good now?  Cool...

I use this phone for business and need to know when a voicemail has been left, even in the middle of the night.  Obviously, the LED won't wake me up.  Figured out that voicemail and text messages use the same alerts.  Nowhere can I find the ability to have the alert continue until I acknowledge it.  Have tried various addons (BeBuzz Free, Advance OS) and either the addon doesn't remain in memory or the feature doesn't work. 

Having agreed that I'm a caveman that primarily uses this phone for phone calls, emails, texts and voicemails, can someone tell me when this feature will be added?  This is a pretty glaring ommission for a phone to not have this capability.

I have a Bold 9930 running 7.1.163, carrier Verizon.  If the feature has been added in a later release I'd appreciate it if someone would let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.