Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
ReggieT
My Device: Bold 9900

Voicemail notification without voicemail

I have this annoying voice mail notification (o_o) on my phone in the status bar. or whichever bar that is right underneath the time at the top of the screen on the Bold 9900.  I had voicemail for maybe 1 month about 8 months ago before I cancelled it, now I have no way of accessing the voicemail to get rid of this notification. The symbol has survived multiple software updates. Is there any way to remove this notification? If I try calling my voicemail I get disconnected immediately, probably because it is no longer set up.

Retired
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Voicemail notification without voicemail

Hello ReggieT, 

Welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to hear about your issue. Try going into your text message folder, then scroll to the top so today's date is highlighted then hit the menu key and choose Mark Prior Read. 

Let us know how you make out. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
ReggieT
My Device: Bold 9900

Hi, thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, that did not solve the problem. I also tried doing the same with my messages (emails, etc).

Maybe there is a way to check voicemail online, that would mark it as read? Seems unlikely though, and even more unlikely since I haven't had voicemail activated in months.

Thanks

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

You could always try registering with Rogers One Number www.rogersonenumber.com , which will allow you to see voicemails online.  I'm not sure if this will resolve your issue but I highly recommend the service nonetheless.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.