Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
w9j34s
My Device: Not Specified

Volkswagen officially denies support of Blackberry Bold

Hello everybody,

yesterday evening I spoke to Volkswagen support (dialed from the VW Premium Car Kit) about a phone book sync problem with my Blackberry Bold and the VW Premium Car Kit in my Passat.

While - apart from others here - my BB Bold connects to the Premium Car Kit and I can make and get phone call, the phone book does not synchronize completely. Many entries are synced but by far not all.

I asked the lady if she could help me, and she told me, no. On the first hand there is no log I could look into, to find a cause. There is only a message "Phone book loaded incompletely."

On the other hand the BB Bold is not on the list of supported phones and it is therefore not tested with the Premium Car Kit. I told that I knew that and I asked when it will be tested, so I could get help on the issue.

She spoke back to another person and told me the following:

Volkswagen's statement is: The Blackberry Bold is not supported and will NEVER be suppported. It HAS already been tested with Premium Car Kit and found not to work with it in too many places. The rSAP implementation in the Bold does not fit to the Premium Car Kit.

I asked, if this was an official statement of the company Volkswagen and if I could quote her in public, and she said yes to both.

I asked her for her name and she gave it to me. I will not shout her name over the internet, but RIM representatives can send me a private mail and I will tell them her name.

Well, this is not good at all and I wonder if RIM is interested in this issue. One of the largest automobile companies in the world denies support for their devices.

Two steps seem necessary:

1. RIM needs to fix whatever VW has to complain on (and I can imagine VW might have to fix something on their end, too)
  2. RIM needs to state when these steps take place.(I'd prefer a post or at least a link to the statement here)

Someone caring or is it just a "Well, it isn't supported then. We don't care." ?

Thanks,

Andre

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,840
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Volkswagen officially denies support of Blackberry Bold

bbsuggestions@rim.com

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.