Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

tvb
tvb
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Volume Up Button Does Not Work

Hey guys,

the volume up button of my new Bold 9900 does not work anymore. I got the device 5 weeks ago (and its the fifth device for the last year ...). The irony is that this is supposed to be the replacement for my 4th broke Bold 9780. I really start to regret the switch from Apple to Blackberry. The products are good as long as they work - let me correct - IF they work. And the replacement process takes ages.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
corbinhd
My Device: Curve Bold 9780 OS v6.0.0.285

Re: Volume Up Button Does Not Work

Here is a list of starters...

* Did you reboot via a battery pull?

- This is to verify to see if it is OS or application related

* Does the volume keys work for eaither the speaker or headset?

Helpdesk & System Engineer Consultant
Please use plain text.
tvb
tvb
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

thanks so much! - the second battery pull solved it!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
corbinhd

No problem, but... the battery pull should not be needed to begin with.

check your OS version

make sure that there aren't any other applications or settings causing the button failure

I have not come accross this issue yet, but I my personnal experience tells me that applications today have some level of access to use the volume controls.  Apps might be able to mute or lower volume.  You can navigate to your running applications by holding down the menu button for 3 seconds (the button left of the trackball/pad.

Please use plain text.
rainier11
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bmobile

Hello,

Im having this same issue. My volume up button is not working, only the the volume down. Im unable to raise the volume on my BB Media, playing music and videos. Is there any solution besides taking out the battery and replacing it because i tried it about 3 times.

Please use plain text.
twantwan
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: giffgaff

Corbinhd: that worked for my 9900 too thanks for the tip, don't know why I didn't think of that my self! Lol
Please use plain text.
Contributor
corbinhd

No Problem.  Remember that these things happen for a reason.  Either the Operating system is buggy or the application are buggy.  If the problem happens on a regular basis, then consider finding a way to update the system. For instance, a Curve 8900 os version had problems with sound disappearing completely.  This was due to people browsing ring tones and alerts when configuring ringers, alarms and text alerts and such.  If you browse one tone, and another  and another... oops! No more sounds.  You have to pull the battery out!!!

My phone carrier T-Mobile, had an update, which resolved this as a known issue.  Most of the time, these issues are not advertised until you search blogs.

Have a good day all.

Please use plain text.
twantwan
My Carrier: giffgaff

Yeah I think that may have been the problem with me, as only yetserday I was browsing ringtones and changed my bbm alert, since then the volume button went completely and I had no sound playing when receiving a bbm message. But the battery pull sorted it! Once again thanks for your tips. And I think I may have to look up a new OS for me too.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
corbinhd

rainier11...

You might have a hardware problem related to button presses. Your warranty is most likely expired, unless, you somehow have an extended warranty on it.  I wold be calling my service provider.  If that is not an option, then a OS update is you best hope.

CHD

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
odafe
My Carrier: dafe

Hello chd mine is not walking have tried all u. Said the pulling out of bettery my os is. Fully up dated,am using a. 9900 plss help me what cn I do.I wus d one who reduced it to d lowest now it. Can't come up
Please use plain text.