Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Vektor75
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: 3

Volume shift from "normal" and "distorted" after placing a call

Hello,

When listening to music or audiobooks, I experience bad sound quality after having placed a call. The volume is actually not increasing, but the sound quality gets strained and hissed. If I turn off the phone (soft turn off), the audio quality is restored to "normal", acceptable quality. I tried 4 different headsets + car audio, same experience with all

For me it seems to be a SW-problem. Are there any updates available? This audio problem is really annoying.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Volume shift from "normal" and "distorted" after placing a call

Hi Vektop75

Welcome to the Community

First advice is Battery Pull Restart please do it like this while the device is POWERED ON remove the Battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back then wait till the device reboots.this type of reboot  fixes most glitches within our BlackBerry devices.

So first try and see if problem resolves.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Vektor75

Hello!

The Battery Pull Restart method has been excerised extensively to overcome other problems, such as phone freezing up on various occasions. I hasn't solved the issue with distorted audio.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Vektor 75

Battery Pull is considered as the First step in resolving any issues if that fails you can go for other options.If you think your device Software has problem you try reloading or updating  your device Software.If you want you can try  KB11320  . 

N.B : Always Backup First.

Try it and see if your problem resolves.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Vektor75

I have now restored the phone according to KB11320 - them problem remains. As an example, if I listen to an audio book, using the built in player, sound level is ok until someone calls, if I take the call and then hang up, the audio book will resume, but now with much higher volume and distorted. If I restart the track (pressing the left arrow button) the bad sound remains, if I however restart the previous track (pressing the left arrow twice), audio is restored to normal. For me, this smells bad software all the way. Are there any other good audio players available for Blackberry, to see if the audio problem appears in other software also?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Vektor 75

If you are having problem even after Reloading your Device software I prefer visiting your Carrier they can assist you batter to resolve your issue.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Vektor75

I live in Sweden - the carrier 3 (Tre) that sells BlackBerry in Sweden doesn't know a thing about these products...

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Vektor75

If your Carrier 3 doesn't know or unable to fix a blackBerry product ,tell then to Escalate it to RIM atleast they are able to do that.

Prince

Please use plain text.