Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Demetrisv
My Device: Bold 9780

WIFI connected but not working!

I have tried everything under the sun and the problem still exists.

My problem: My Bold 9780 is connecting to my WIFI but won’t use the connection when browsing the web.

I don’t understand and it’s quite annoying why it won’t work as it did before. I’ve even spoken to Orange and Sky to try and solve this problem and still nothing.

Whenever I browse the web on my blackberry via the browser through WIF the pages never load. It’s actually quicker to disconnect from WIFI and use 3G then WIFI. My blackberry was working fine before why has it stopped working. This has to be fixed as it’s a pain!

I’ve tested other WIFI spots and I have the same problem so I know it’s not my router. I removed the security on my router but still no luck. I’ve done a master reset on my blackberry and still the WIFI will not work. I’ve even had the handset replaced and still the WIFI will not work!

The blackberry connects fine to the router and its shows as connected to the router but it just refuses to load pages when WIFI is on. It gives me an error message:

“Unable to find the requested server”

When WIFI is on and I try to browse the double headed arrow icon in the top right should be on when using the WIFI, but it hardly appears at all when the pages attempt to load It should be on constantly when loading pages through WIFI.

I can’t even see YouTube videos it keeps buffering the gives me the same error message as above.

Anyone having simillar problems or know of a fix!

Please use plain text.
mrslat
My Device: bold 9870

Re: WIFI connected but not working!

i have finally figured this out from hours of messing with the settings,now my wi fi works and also so does my youtube and flixster apps :smileyhappy:

try this.........

options...device.......advanced system settings.....host routing table......you will see a list,hover over wi-fi(60) then push ur blackberry button and select register now

you will recieve a message confirming registration,then ta dah! wifi should work :smileyhappy:

hope this helps u,i can stop stressing now!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dixon780
My Device: blackberry torch 9800

what if i go to host routing table and wifi(60) doesnt show up, in fact it says no entries?

Please use plain text.
shelydon
My Device: blackberry curve 8520

i done that but it still doesnt work and i didnt get a registration message! :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
jessebyrne
My Device: bold 9900

Hi I have been having the same problem with my bold 9900.......how long did it take to get the message confirming registration ? thanks

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2

Contact your network provider.

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
professoraadil
My Device: bold 9900

I can't access internet I tried procedure provided here. But actually I found no entry in the host routing table. I even pressed the register now but I didn't receive anything please help. I don't know what to do.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

professoraadil wrote:

I can't access internet I tried procedure provided here. But actually I found no entry in the host routing table. I even pressed the register now but I didn't receive anything please help. I don't know what to do.

Given your description, contact your mobile service provider for formal support. Until the HRT is populated, nothing else related to BB-data will function, and only your carrier network can populate your HRT.

Good luck

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Muchchu
My Device: Bold 4 9900

Hi Everyone...
I recently bought Bold 4 and was working perfect on wifi until suddenly I came across the same issue that others are facing. The only difference is that my browser is working perfect on wifi but other apps like facebook, twitter, linkedin and apps world is not working.
Really need help. Just fed up trying fixing the issue..
Please use plain text.
AZStorm
My Device: Storm 9550

[ Edited ]

I had an old Storm 9550 that I just set up on a prepaid Verizon plan. I had the same issue and had been screwing around with it for WAY too long. I read MRSLAT's post. Did what he suggested and like he said, TA DAH! :Clap:

THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO POST MRSLAT - it was a BIG HELP!!!

Please use plain text.