Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
claire331
My Device: bold 9700

WIFI

I have a blackberry bold 9700 and have moved to france for 5 months. It is relatively new to me but have had one before so know how to use it. I have WIFI connection in my accomodation and my blackberry recognises this and connects. However it says its connected but doesn't work, so my apps such as Whatsapp, bbm, bank, and email don't work or come through, things that only require wifi won't work. 

I have tried several things and am struggling to make it work, my main priority would be whatsap. 

Can anyone help?!

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: WIFI

Is there a hotspot you need to log into in order to complete the wifi connection?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
claire331

What do you mean by hotspot?! And how would I know if I needed to?! Other people with Iphones have got it working fine!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Is this a public wifi location? You may need to log in to the wifi connection after you connect. If the device doesn't prompt you to log in to the hotspot then open the browser and try to connect to a webpage like www.google.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

[ Edited ]

Give your carrier a call and verify that you have the correct blackberry data plan on your account.  Without it, the apps you listed will not work even while on WiFi.  John made a good suggestion too, that was going to be the next thing I would check.

No it's not a public location, it's privvate and in accomodation. Why would it say it's connected and then not be able to use any of my wifi using apps?!

I have roaming and data turned off due to cost abroad, but that shouldn't affect it should it?!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

You must turn on data services or nothing will work, not even wifi.
Please use plain text.