If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
AL713
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: SFR Business Team

Want to hide the call logs from the messages application

Hi,

I've changed recently my last Curve for a Bold 9790 and I'm a little bit annoyed with the call logs which appeared in the messages application.

How to remove them ?

I've tried the manipulation described on your website : http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/42481/1597061.jsp

selected "None" in the options listed, but it still doesn't work, event after rebooting the phone....

Am I missing something ? another parameter to apply or delete ?

Thanks for your help

Your sincerely

AL

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Want to hide the call logs from the messages application

Press the green phone button. Hit the menu key and go to Options. Go to Call logs and lists. Change to "none." That is all there should be to it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AL713

Thanks for your answer

But I've done exactly the way you explained it and it's still the same : the call logs still appear in the messages application....

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

That's the only method. You might try making a full back up of your device and then doing a wipe of the device and see what happens when there's no old data on the phone. Make a few calls, call your phone and see if the call logs still go to the Messages app. Then try restoring your backup file.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AL713

Alright, I'll try and tell you so.

I'll be on vacation for a while, so I'll post the result of this method later on.

Thanks for trying helping me resolve this problem.

Please use plain text.