Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
sadaquat_khan
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Tata Docomo GSM

Warranty / BlackBerry Won't power on Sr No. 980041001309515 DEL NO 9204747473

[ Edited ]

From last month of June 2013 my device is not working and carrier Tata DoCoMo GSM is not responding to my below mail dtd. 22 June 2013 20:28 Below is the case history. 01. Device purchased on 13.03.2013 02. Device not getting switch on after battery discharged from 1st week of May 2013 within two month 03. I visited to Tata Indicom HUB Bistupur and meet Mr. Pankaj who is handling Blackberry complaint. 04. He sent the devices to Bangalore and on 4th of June 2013 I received a call from Mr. Pankaj that your device is out of warranty and as per service centre the repairing cost will be around 10500.00. 05. Here I want to inform you that I had purchased it at price of Rs. 8500.00 06. No where in bill it has mentioned that it is sold at discounted price, and it is out of warranty. 07. The device is brand new and even there was no sctrath on it as on date. 08. I am shocked after hearing the same. How can a brand new BlackBerry can dead without mis handling 09. How could it possible that without mis handling the device get dead. 10. As per report the reason mention is Housing Cosmetic & Software error (BSN Blocked),Device no power on 11. Here it is showing software error then where is my fault. 12. I had purchase it with the brand name of Tata. 13. Today on 22.06.2013 I got the device return back from Tata Hub. 14. It was completely dead when it was handover to hub. 15. But today I have attached it to a charger and it is showing red light blinking and after few second device is switching on it initial stage with white screen and again it goes to sleep mode. 16. I have attached the purchase copy and some snap shots. 17. I need your help and want to sort out the issue asap. 18. The cost of Rs. 8500.00 is very much high. 19. Complete details of model is given below Model : Bold 9000 Carrier : Tata Docomo GSM IMEI No: {REMOVED} PIN : {REMOVED} Del No : {REMOVED} Regards, Sadaquat Ali Khan, Jamshedpur - {REMOVED} (call me on this number)

MOD EDIT: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Warranty / BlackBerry Won't power on Sr No. 980041001309515 DEL NO 9204747473

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

As a user-to-user community, no one here can answer your question with any level of authority whatsoever. BlackBerry provides zero front line support to end users, including warranty...all support starts with the carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers, all who can escalate cases into BlackBerry at no charge to the end user.

BSCF User Comm.JPG

So, your escalation path is not here, in these forums. Rather, it is through your place of purchase and/or service center...even if they may so far have been unhelpful. You have no free path by which to bypass them, and you should be escalating with them to their management.

There is something called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing the contract you signed upon purchase. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

There also might be some good reading here:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.