Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
cjbluez
My Device: Q10 (SQN 100-2W) OS 10.1.0.2039
My Carrier: Verizon

Wasted Space ??

Just upgraded to my new Blackberry and for some reason there's only 110 MB of app storage. I just got this device and haven't even started to download any apps yet, and can't figure where all the "other" space indicated in the application mgmt is being allocated too ?? Any help would be kind...
Best Regards,
C J
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: Wasted Space ??

The other space could be related to the operating system, cache files for media, browser and other application data.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cjbluez
My Device: Q10 (SQN 100-2W) OS 10.1.0.2039

Re: Wasted Space ??

Is there any way of clearing some of the cache files ??
I did some exploring and found a redundant list of multiple file entries in Documents to go. There had to be 4 or 5 dozen entries (many in other languages) that were all simply a type of EULA of some kind, since they had no bearing on system files I erased them and regain a little space but I'm still about half of what I had on my prior 9650, which is kind of crazy LoL !! Any other suggestions on where I could look or what I could delete (that's not useful) would be of extra help... :smileyhappy:
Best Regards,
C J
Please use plain text.