Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Bold

Water Damage - Please Help!!!!

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!  I split a glass of water on my phone on Saturday night, it initally went off but by Sunday morning it had switched itself back on and appeared to be working apart from the media card.  I could use all functions on the phone until a few hours later it switched itself off and appeared to be re-booting however has not come back on since.  I took the phone apart and have been drying it out in the airing cupboard but this has not worked, only the red light flashes on for a few seconds when I try to switch it on.  Can anyone please help???

I am due an upgrade next month so I am not bothered about the phone just my contacts etc that are held on it.

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Re: Water Damage - Please Help!!!!

Hello KellyW

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Sorry to know about your issue ! But.. when you device got wet you should have followed some basic steps , like removing the battery , Should not powered it on unless it is completely dry .Meanwhile refer to this Post http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/Blackberry-bold-9900-keypad-not-working/td-p/... if you're lucky enough , your device may boot again .

But I still doubt that you will be able to recove those data from within that device , you may have to use some harsh method to recover your device and while doing so you will loose those data within your device.

If you have a previous backup you can restore those data.

Good luck. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.