Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
theHeatingEngineer
My Device: Bold 9780

What is "Unidentified Subscriber"?

I have just started to use a new 9780. I can text to my phone number and at least one other contact, but on trying to send to another contact it get "Unidentified Subscriber".

Retired
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: What is "Unidentified Subscriber"?

Hello theHeatingEngineer

Welcome to the forums. 

Does this happen with all other contacts on just the one contact? It is possible that this contact does not have SMS service at the present time. Have you checked with the contact to see if they are able to send you a text message? 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
theHeatingEngineer
My Device: Bold 9780

Re: What is "Unidentified Subscriber"?

[ Edited ]

After copying the contact and removing spaces from the mobile number the new contact started to work. After removing spaces from the mobile number of the old contact that started to work. This may be coincience. I have never experienced this before and the contact in question has never mentioned a connection issue. It could be there was a temporary connection drop-out and I happened to fall into the void. It then perhaps reconnected leaving me thinking that my remedial steps fixed the problem when it was nothing of the kind. I suspect we shall never know...