Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry® Curve™ 8900 smartphone
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

When does BlackBerry® Device Software v5.0 support from RIM end?

Per the site the below are supported but when does support 'officially' end.  I heard rumors of 6/30/2013?

BlackBerry® Device Software v5.0 supports the following smartphones:

• BlackBerry® Curve™ 8330 smartphone
  • BlackBerry® Curve™ 8350i smartphone
  • BlackBerry® Curve™ 8520 smartphone
  • BlackBerry® Curve™ 8530 smartphone
  • BlackBerry® Curve™ 8900 smartphone
  • BlackBerry® Storm™ 9530 smartphone
  • BlackBerry® Storm2™ 9550 smartphone
  • BlackBerry® Tour™ 9630 smartphone
  • BlackBerry® Bold™ 9000 smartphone
  • BlackBerry® Bold™ 9650 smartphone
  • BlackBerry® Bold™ 9700 smartphone
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: When does BlackBerry® Device Software v5.0 support from RIM end?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

The Ts and Cs of this site specifically bar discussions about such rumors. Further, if anyone with authoritative information were here, they would likely be specifically barred from revealing it. Such is the nature of public companies these days...the lawyers have made it almost impossible to predict the future anymore!

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Let me rephrase then.  Ingnore any rumured dates.  When does support for  BlackBerry® Device Software v5.0 end.  I need to know when I need to replace over 10,000 devices.  This month?  Next month?  Later?

Hall of Famer II

Well, my answer above sadly stands...for such an answer requires access to and revelation of "forward looking information", which remains barred from discussion here. Until such information is formally and publicly released by RIM, anything else remains in the "rumors and speculation" venue.

I understand that you need to know, but please understand that this user-to-user community is not the place to get that answer (for that is what this site is...it is NOT a channel for any formal communication with, support from, nor escalation to RIM). Rather, your formal support channel (normally, your device supplier and/or your mobile service provider) would be the right place to try and make such an inquiry.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thanks going with Apple then.

Hall of Famer II

Wow! Really? Just because you can't get something here that is specifically barred from discussion here (and, btw, that "barred information" stuff was presented to you when you registered here)? Interesting decision criteria you have, but no matter. There fortunately is a plethora of solutions in the world to meet the variations of human decision making.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates