Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

mikemays
My Device: Not Specified

When listnening to music, ringtone does not play through wired headset with incoming call

When I am listening to the music player on my Bold through the stereo headset that came with the device, the ring does not come through the headset on an incoming call. It only rings through the speakers. Is this proper?

I saw a similar post about this being a problem with a stereo bluetooth headset and the resolve was to upgrade the software, but my software version is already later than the one they said to upgrade to. Mine is v4.6.0.167 Platform 4.0.0.157

Mike

Please use plain text.
New Developer
brandonnesbitt
My Device: 9800

Re: When listnening to music, ringtone does not play through wired headset with incoming call

I have the same issue and I have version .228 loaded. I just updated to the latest version .247.  I will test it in the next few days and report what happens.
Please click the "kudos" in my post if I was able to help you on this issue.
Please mark thread as resolved if I was able to fix the issue!!
Please use plain text.
Hazron
My Device: Blackberry 9000

Re: When listnening to music, ringtone does not play through wired headset with incoming call

Did you find a solution?

I have the same issue with Sennherier PXC 310 BT hearphones.  I can connect via Bluetooth OK, hear music, control the volume etc form the headphone but can;t hear ring tones or outgoing phone calls etc.  A bit annoying as it would be great to use the noise cancelling to hear calls better.  I have V4.6.0.282 installed

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hejalaci
My Device: 8520

I have the same problem with the BB Curve 8520, it;s realy unpleasent.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Telco
My Device: 9900 Bold

I am using wired headset on Blackberry Bold 9000 while  driving.  When incoming calls/messages etc... come in, the phone is ringing external to the headset but not in the headset.  This is really a problem as I am missing calls while driving.  With the headset in my ears, and the road noise from the truck cab, I cannot hear the external ring.  I need the ring to come through the headset. 

Any ideas?

Kelly

Carrier Interconnection Consultant
Please use plain text.