Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
DLTS
My Device: Not Specified

Where do i download the new firmware

hi all, i am new to this.  I just recently purchsed Blackberry Bold from Rogers.

I noticed that the firmware of the unit is not most recent.

is there anyone can tell me where i can update my firmware?

thanks for all your help and time.

Developer
Xcist
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000

Re: Where do i download the new firmware

Well, for all the latest firmware, check this site:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

Choose your service provider, then choose Blackberry Bold 9000 from the dropdown menu, and you will find a link to download the latest "official firmware" for YOUR specific provider.

Although it isn't supported, some specific providers have more updated software. For example, Rogers is still running version 4.6.0.125, where providers like Hong Kong CSL Limited, or Orange France are using 4.6.0.147. It is possible to load firmware from a different provider, but it is not supported. If you still wish to update with a different service provider's firmware, this link will explain how to do it:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9000-series-discussion-bold/151071-latest-os-bold-9000-4-6-0...

If you have anymore questions, just ask. Cheers!

New Contributor
foneuslike
My Device: Not Specified

where do you get firmware for the sim free unbranded Blackberry bolds?

Contributor
AREK28
My Device: Q10

I believe you can use either one of the firmware, it should be compatible with unbranded firmwares.
Developer
Xcist
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000

foneuslike, i'm not 100% sure, but If you follow the instructions from the website I linked above, it should be fine for an unlocked bold.

Just make sure you delete the vendor.xml file. But I'm just guessing, as I am NOT 100% positive.