Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
oogluk
My Device: Bold 9000

White Screen Fix Request

Hi All,

My bold 9000 has been getting the white screen problem for a few months now.  It shows up when the screen comes back from powersave (out of holster, or waking it up after the screen goes blank).  I've read through the other posts relating to this problem and it seems there are three possible causes, but nobody has reported a consistent fix.  The causes I've read so far are:

1. Water or other damage to the innards
  2. Bad battery
  3. Software problem

Is there any way to tell which it is? Are there steps (aside from pulling the thing apart, buying a new battery, wiping it and reinstalling the software) that will tell you which is the cause? 

My unit is out of warranty, and I really don't want to buy a new one just yet, so I'm not keen on poking around inside if I don't have to.  Just looking for any diagnostics that will indicate which problem it is without having to waste heaps of time in the process.  Also don't want to buy a new battery if the unit is defective and needs replacement anyway.

Some details of my setup:

BlackBerry® 9000

smartphone (3G, Wi-Fi)

v5.0.0.771 (Bundle 1301, Platform 5.2.0.72)

16.3MB memory free (after battery pull) 9.2 before pull

859 MB Device Memory

854 MB Device Memory Free

Any means of diagnosing what's happening would be most appreciated.