Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
duswami
My Device: 9630 Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: White Screen of Death

I could really use some help here. I have a 9630 Tour that just start going to white screen of death, but intermitently. Which made me think it was hardware, because sometimes the regular screen would come back. My BB loads (white screen all through the loading process, no BB logo or loading progress bar) and starts up, but the screen "remains" white. I tried several fixes.

I relplaced with a new original Blackberry battery (no success)

I reset to factory defaults using JL_Cmder (no success)

I wiped the device with JL_Cmder and then re-installed OS 5 with Desktop Manager (no success)

I disassembled the device and re-seated all the ribbon cables, reassembled. (no success)

The problem started one day when I picked up the device (had been working fine) and the screen turned white instead of the normal desktop, but everything (the OS and funcitons) are working. The first day or two it seemd a battery pull would fix the problem, not it does not.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Q10 / Playbook

Re: White Screen of Death

You've ruled out all the software possiblities. You have faulty hardware. Your best bet is to get a replacement device.